1. It's easy. And it's fun. Your kids love it.
2. It's a great way to rid the fridge of half-used containers of milk, cream, buttermilk and sour cream.
3. No guars or gums. Just wholesome, real ingredients.
4. It makes for a great dinner when the incessant heat holds you back from putting together a proper one.
Tell me, do you make your own ice cream? Would you? Favourite flavours?
5. The creative juices get flowing and experimentation with exotic flavours is quite entertaining. Isn't that why we get into the kitchen to begin with? (the above is a sweet potato ice cream topped with candied pecans)
7. It's yummy. Like really, really yummy!
P.S - If you find yourself without an ice cream maker, here's a great article on how to do it without the fancy machines.