Rob and I escaped for a mid-day lunch date earlier this week. He took an extra day off on the already long weekend, and after the kids went to school and I spent some of the morning working, we hit a new-to-us spot for lunch.
Our main topic of conversation that day was quirky food habits. It turns out I have quite a few of them! Rob has almost none, for he's one of those rare people who likes everything - and I mean everything - but now we're curious about everyone else. Are you all a little more like me or him?
He encouraged me to share with you just how strange quirky I really am. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit some of these, and now that I've written them down I realize there really are so many!
1. I drink a 750ml bottle of Perrier almost every single day. The pink grapefruit variety is my favourite, but I almost always drink the original version because I can buy it in an extra large case at Costco.
2. I only like sandwiches if the bread is toasted. I will eat a non-toasted sandwich, but I really don't like it as much.
3. I eat my French fries like the Europeans and not the Americans. I would take a mayo-based dipping sauce over ketchup any day of the week.
4. I hate tomatoes. Loathe them, actually. If I order a sandwich or burger in a restaurant and they forget to take the tomato off as I request, I have to send it back. Not because I'm a diva, just because it kind of grosses me out that the tomato slime touched the rest of my food.
5. I like my ice cream to have chunks in it. Always. Nuts or chocolate...it really doesn't matter. But I need there to be chunks of something in order to really enjoy it.
6. I will always choose an ice cream based dessert over any other option that might be available. Except for Eton mess or pavlova. I love that.
7. I cannot keep peanut M&Ms in my house. I will eat every last one of them if I do, so instead I buy a small bag whenever I go to the movies to satisfy that particular sweet tooth.
8.I love to make cakes, but I never eat them. I don't love the cake/icing combo that much, so while I enjoy creating these confections I usually opt not to eat them.
9. My hamburgers have to have pickles on them. Extra pickles if possible. A burger just isn't a burger without pickles.
10. I hate hot dogs. Not because they're unhealthy, just because I don't like texture. Ew!
11. I love to crunch ice. Give me a glass and chomp, chomp, chomp!
12. Meat tastes best when cooked on a bone (in my opinion), but I can't eat the meat that rests close to it. Unlike the people in my household who manage to clean theirs off completely.
13. I only just started drinking red wine and I'll only drink one type. Except for sangria. I love all types of that.
14. I don't drink juice or milk. Ever.
15. I always, always leave one bite of food on my plate. I have no idea why! Isn't that crazy? If I'm eating salad I leave behind a leaf or two, or a piece of carrot. If I'm eating spaghetti, I leave a little untouched. I have no idea why, but I always leave something on my plate when I finish eating.
16. The only store bought salad dressing I like is the Paul Newman brand.
17. I've never had a cup of coffee in my life. Ever. I don't like the smell or the taste that I've experienced in coffee-infused desserts.
Okay, now it's your turn. Is there anything odd about how or what you eat?
PS - The above Instagram photo is from our lunch date. The restaurant passes out champagne buckets of spiced popcorn as a complimentary appetizer. Oh, and they also include sparkling water free of charge if you would like it. This is good for habit #1.