I made the above cake for my niece's baptism this past weekend. It took nearly 12 hours, including the baking, used 11lbs. of butter, and fed close to 60 people. It was the first time I tackled a roses cake, and thanks to my good friend, Tess, baker extraordinaire, I turned out better than I thought it might. While we fancy ourselves up, and head out to celebrate one of the sweetest girls I know, I'll leave you with some reading for your (hopefully) slow Sunday.
- It turns out beer is euphoric after all.
- Cheese comes from plants. And other misconceptions grade-schoolers have about food.
- I've been on a mission to bring back the at-home birthday party and think Lindsay's fete was just perfect.
- 12 homemade ways to use jam in your cooking.
- This e-book has adorable ideas for keeping the kids entertained this summer. Go download your copy!
- SavvyMom named Family Bites one of their top 75 influential Canadian mom blogs!
- Things I know about food. Interesting facts you may not know.
- This salad is totally on my radar.