Jackson's birthday was on the weekend and this 5'4" baby of mine turned 12. We are having his extended family celebration later next month, when the calendar clears a little, but in the meantime he did manage to have a small party here this past weekend, with a few boys who came for movies, a sleepover, and lots of cake. A hot fudge oreo ice cream sundae cake to be exact, complete with a cookie crumb bottom and centre, chocolate and vanilla ice creams, homemade hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and loads of colourful sprinkles. It was adored by all, and despite the fact that it's frigid outside, and totally not ice cream-eating weather, they managed to devour a huge section of this sweet treat, just the five of them.
I'm putting the finishing touches on my manuscript this week and then we'll be back to regular posting - I can't wait! Until then, here are a few things that caught my attention last week; I hope you enjoy!
- A trick for bringing your cheese up to room temperature quickly.
- I am utterly fascinated by this... so much so that I think I might give it a try (but I'm pretty sure I'll still brush my teeth).
- Split pea soup is my favourite soup ever!
- Winter pantry dinner party dishes.
- Why every kid needs a signature dish.
- The Oxford comma... an infographic. Do you use it, or no?