I don’t feel as though I have anything incredibly inspiring to say today, but I wanted to pop by to say a quick hello. It’s been uncharacteristically quiet around here for the past week because the blog was broken for five of the last seven days, so if you happened to try visiting and were warmly greeted with a blank screen, or even better, a note telling you that this website no longer exists, now you know why.
I won’t dwell on what went wrong, because, to be honest, I don’t understand it, but I’m happy to say that as of yesterday everything seems to be working tickety-boo. And since I missed my weekly “Food for Thought” post on the weekend, thanks to my malfunctioning blog, I thought we could start the week with some of the things I’ve been wanting to tell you about.
- I bought this book in the fall, and haven’t had time to read it yet. I also have this on my list, and I plan on plowing through both of them in February. At the moment, my current book obsession is this collection of stories, and I love it so much I read from it every night, even when it’s after midnight and my alarm is scheduled to go off at 5:45am. It really is that good.
- My almost--12-year-old is obsessed with this book; I don’t think he’d mind me telling you that last night when I went to tuck him into bed, I found him crying over one of the chapters. I’m reading it next (when I finish the other two on my list).
- My 13-year-old is starting this. He wondered what it would be like to climb Mount Everest, so I’m thinking this might give him some insight.
- I can’t stop drinking this tea. I’ve turned my friend, Tess, on to it as well, and she sent me a text on Sunday to tell me, “It's the best tea EVER.” Of course, I already knew that, and I completely agree with her. (Local friends, you should know they sell this at Bruno’s).
- The boys and I saw this movie; we loved it. Rob and I also saw this one; I liked it, but Rob didn’t.
- Rob and Jackson both have a birthday this weekend. Rob celebrates on Friday, Jackson on Sunday, and on Saturday night we’re having a house full of boys come for a sleepover. Did I mention I have a book manuscript due next week? Oy.
- Despite said manuscript, I’m making this tonight. Rob bought, cut, and sanded the wood for me, so all I need to do is stain it. My version isn’t 10ft. long, but it’s still big enough to make an impression and you can bet I’ll be using it this weekend.
- We have one more episode and then we're completely caught up on season 3. I almost don't want to watch it because I know what happens and I can't bear to think about it.
- I'm pretty sure I'm going to treat myself to some meyer lemons from the US. I know we can get them here, but my research tells me that they are far superior when ordered from far away places like California. If you have any thoughts on this please let me know...I won't be doing this for another few weeks.
P.S - I look forward to sharing a new recipe with you later this week – I think you’re going to love it as long as you aren't still counting your calories as we so often do in January. Here's a hint: they'll be perfect for any Super Bowl celebration you might be hosting/going to.
P.P.S. The snacks above were made last night for math-exam-studying and trying-to-finish-a-book writing. They helped on both accounts!