Happy weekend! Can I get three cheers for a successful March break? There were more sleepovers this past week than I care to count, and as a result I'll be spending part of the weekend sleep-training my 13 year old as he reacquaints himself with a bedtime that takes place before 3am. It sounds completely unreasonable (doesn't it?), but if the worst thing these teenagers are doing is talking all night, I'm sure I can handle it.
In addition to doling out extra pillows and blankets, I spent the rest of my time in the kitchen on cooking duty. We had six or seven different boys here over the course of the week, each of them gifted with the same hearty appetite as my own boys, and I frequently found myself in the kitchen at 11pm baking store-bought hand pies to feed the masses. Breakfasts were the same every morning: fruit, pancakes, bacon, and muffins, and for lunches I loaded the kitchen counter with sandwich-making supplies like meats, cheeses, condiments, lettuce, pickles, and buns, leaving the boys to come up with their own creations. It was fun, but we're in need of some serious quiet time, and our weekend plans are simple at best... hockey, snowshoeing, and a long drive to a spot north of the city in search of a pizza that Rob read about.
Have a wonderful weekend. Did you know it's the last one of this never-ending winter? Let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed that the sun comes out and the temperatures climb above zero soon. For now, here are a few things I've wanted to share.
- 7 tricks to get kids to eat Sriracha - and love spicy food.
- 50 healthy habits every girl should have.
- What?! This speed-reading app is utterly fascinating.
- What kind of entertainer are you? If you take the quiz come back and let me know...and I'll tell you what I scored.
- I'm making this for dinner this weekend.
- I love everything about SJP...her house, nail polish, hair, and answers.
- What do you think of these milk and cookie creations?
- Based on the glowing recommendation from the man in the store we bought this. And now I listen to this all day long.
- This was a nice surprise!