With only two weeks of summer vacation left, I suddenly feel as though there are at least a dozen things we didn't get to do this summer, and you can bet I'll be cramming as many of them into our remaining days as possible.
We're spending a few days at a cottage this week and I'm thinking I'll be able to tackle at least half of my still-to-do list there. When I come back I'll be using my time to prep for a bridal shower I'm hosting next weekend, and then we're in the homestretch of our holidays. You can pretty much guarantee that there will be s'more-making, ice cream-eating and plenty of grilling in those final days.
Speaking of grilling, Williams-Sonoma was kind enough to send me a set of BBQ tools earlier this summer, and we've been putting them to good use on our charcoal grill. I love the wooden handles, and the fact that they fold up compactly and can be tucked away in the accompanying travel bag (they're coming to the cottage with us), but what I don't love about this set is that it doesn't contain tongs. Often thought of as a third hand when it comes to cooking, tongs are essential for grilling, as far as I'm concerned. I have a set though, and they're small enough to add to the stamped canvas bag, so I've included them to complete this set of outdoor cooking tools.
I hope you're enjoying the last few weeks of summer. Do you have anything fun planned for the coming days? While I prepare for the cottage I'll leave you with a few links that recently caught my eye. See you next week!
- Bringing back home economics: three food writers dish on teaching people how to cook.
- How I hosted 138 dinners in a year.
- Three reasons why sales of packaged, processed food are declining.
- 13 recipes that make the most of fresh tomatoes.
- Surprising things about parenting in China, Germany, and Australia (one of my favourite weekly series).
- There's still time to make s'more cupcakes.
- This soundtrack has been playing on repeat in our house for weeks since my boys are officially obsessed with the movie. We don't mind though; it's definitely music the whole family can enjoy.
- 8 foodie mamas you should be following on Instragram.