A lot of our weekend meals look like what you see above, but this one is definitely a favourite. Marinated and grilled flat iron steaks topped with a cherry tomato and blue cheese salsa-like thing for Rob, pesto-roasted red potatoes, and beans with lots of butter and herb salt. We'll eat this meal until it's no longer possible (beans aren't in season and the grill is tucked away) without tiring of it, I'm sure. In fact, I just may replicate it tonight if I have the time.
Rob is out of town and I'm flying solo with the kids this weekend. We have to be in six different places over the course of the day, and I need to fill the fridge with food and get the laundry done. While I get to work I'll leave you with a few of the links that caught my eye this week. If you only have time to read one I suggest "Friday night meatballs." So inspiring!
- A 5-day dinner game plan for feeding your family well.
- Friday night meatballs. A must-read for anyone who loves to gather over good food with the people they really like. Also, this is such a brilliant idea.
- 6 family-friendly cookbooks that should be on your bookshelf.
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother.
- Funny comments from recipe blogs.
- Creamy cauliflower capellini - so yum!
- School lunch ideas! And lots of them.
- I wonder if I could get away with serving the boys corn, zucchini, and chickpea fritters for dinner?
- 6 things the happiest families have in common. Family dinner made the list.