I had ten 13 and 14 year old boys over for dinner on Tuesday night to celebrate Jackson's 14th birthday. It fell three days after I invited 19 people for lunch for a family celebration, and two days after Rob's 49th birthday, which we kept reasonably simple, but still celebrated. Suffice it to say that even though I love being with people, and feeding them, I'm awfully glad our plans for this weekend are a little more low-key. Hope you have a good one! Here are a few fun links that caught my attention this week:
- I'm on a mission to read as much as possible this year. I just finished this (a touch topic but should be a must read for the parents of teenagers) and now I'm reading this.
- 57 small things to do for yourself this year.
- The right way to freeze basically everything. Bookmarked!
- 6 kid-friendly non-meat sources of protein.
- 13 of the best movie set kitchens of all time. My all-time favourite is the one from It's Complicated, but in reality I cook in one that looks like it belongs in You've Got Mail.
- 14 best cookbooks for babies and toddlers.
- Healthy party foods for kids.
Lastly, I need your help... how do you feel about email newsletters? Do you like them? Would you subscribe to them? What would make you not want an email newsletter? Thank you!