This was a good week. The weather was unbelievably spring-like, meaning Matthew and I spent a few hours outside each day enjoying the fresh air and the sun. It's been a long time since I've hung out at the park with a wee one, and it's so interesting to see how the playground culture has changed since Ben was a baby. Speaking of Ben, he turned 16 on Wednesday! Our oldest child is officially old enough to drive, which means if you live anywhere near me you might want to watch the road a little more closely in the coming months. I kid, of course. The kids don't seem to be in a hurry to get their license the way we were at the same age. I think it's because they live in a big city with a Subway out their front door, but who knows... maybe it's like that everywhere now. We're having a family party on Sunday to celebrate, so my weekend will be spent cooking and caking, and I can't really think of anything more fun. While I make my shopping list I'll leave you with a few of the articles/links that caught my eye this week. Have a good one!
- Like many home cooks, I'm obsessed with sheet pan suppers and this chicken tikka version just shot straight to the top of my meal plan for next week.
- "I live in anticipation of my own broken heart." #Bookordered
- Healthy snacks for kids and their families.
- "... planned meals are just one of many routine interactions that can weave structure and warmth into the fabric of family life."
- Speaking of sheet pan suppers... they seem to be the new slow cooker meal. Here are 4 things you aren't doing with your sheet pan (yet!) that you should be.
- Top 25 Foodie Instagram moms from Mom.me (you might see someone you know on the first page!)
- Also on next week's meal plan.
- Which alcohols should be refrigerated (and why).