I’ve been trying to write this post for three days!
Summer is such a crazy season, don’t you think? As someone who craves order and routine, the lack of both in our house right now is making me a bit batty. Everyone is on a different schedule, the kids are constantly coming and going, some nights there are three people here for dinner and sometimes there are twenty. It’s been fun, of course, but man, am I ever glad we’re flipping the pages of the calendar to August tomorrow.
I haven’t been doing much cooking in the past few days. In an attempt to save Matthew from falling down a full flight of stairs (toddlers!), I pulled something in my lower back and have been seat-ridden with the heating pad for three days. I’ve had Netflix and few books to keep me company, but I’m anxious to get back into the kitchen. I can walk without wincing now, so I’m hoping that by tomorrow I’ll be able to cook dinner for my guys.
Here’s a look at some of the links that caught my eye this week. Happy August, friends!
- Jackson has become a waffle master this summer. He’d definitely be up for trying this croissant-like treat.
- File this under restaurants-that-Jan-won’t-eat-at.
- Nine cookbooks that will make you a master entertainer.
- Salad pizza? Yes, please.
- Who knew milk could look so pretty.
- How to sell kids on vegetables.
- The big boys and I stayed up late last week binge-watching this new Netflix show. It’s like John Carpenter and John Hughes made a TV show baby with the help of Steven Spielberg, and the result is a love letter to the sci-fi movies that were so popular when I was a kid. It’s addictive!
P.S. Aren't those farmers' market eggs the prettiest ones you've ever seen?