The news has been heartbreaking lately. I really don't know what to say, except that my heart goes out to all of those who are mourning the loss of a loved one. It's been a busy few weeks around here with work deadlines, our annual Canada Day party, and adjusting to new summer routines. Instead of documenting it all for the blog, I've just been living it, and sometimes that's a nice change of pace. This week we've had family visiting, and it's been great to unplug a little more than usual.
My second newsletter went out last week. THANK YOU to those who've left comments and sent such nice notes about it. I'm working on it more than anything else these days, and while there's definitely a learning curve (design!), it's the thing I enjoy writing the most right now. If you don't receive it, you can still sign up here to have it land in your inbox at the beginning of each month.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends! Thanks for being here and for reading. Here are a few links that caught my attention this week:
- Are you watching this season's Great British Baking Show? I am!
- We eat A LOT of broccoli. I've bookmarked this roasted broccoli with brown butter and soy sauce recipe to try next time I roast it.
- The ten commandments of summer cooking. Yes to numbers 2, 5, and 7.
- 10 children's apps for summer road trips. Also, Siri loves geography so put her to good use.
- We should all put this blueberry torte on our must-make list for the next summer party or potluck we host/are invited to.
- I'm seeing sangria slushies everywhere these days. #bookmarked!
- I can't wait to make this simple sweet potato side dish.
- My read of the week. I'm only 70 pages in, but so far so good.